Most of your questions may already have an answer! Check in this section for our main tutorials and guidelines.
- Technical team
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 7 months ago
- Location: Italy
|Sync your files with OpenStudio [Windows][Mac OS][Linux]||Tutorial|
OpenStudio FIles (Nextcloud) gives you access to your files wherever you are. Our easy to use desktop and mobile clients are available for all major platforms at zero cost!
The desktop client keeps photos and documents always up to date, enabling you to work like you always did.
Any file you add, modify or delete in the synced folders on your desktop or laptop will show up, change or disappear on the server and all other connected devices.
Sync one or more folders locally with folders on the server and pick what folders you don\t need.
Right-click a file in your file manager and easily share it with other users, a public link or by email.
Get notified of activities and events, like an incoming call, a comment on a file or a new folder that is shared with you.
Desktop Client features
[TUTORIAL] Configuration of windows/mac/linux desktop client
- Select any number of local folders to keep in sync with specified remote folders
- Exempt any number of subfolders in a synced folder from being synced
- Optional warning in case a very big new subfolder was added
- Easily pause and resume syncing
- Use the activity feed to track what happens on the server
- Protect your files with client side, End-to-end encryption (version >2.4)
- Easily configure a proxy or set bandwidth throttling
- Enjoy convenient file manager integration for easy sharing
- Set up multiple accounts
- First of all, you need to download the client. You can do it from the link at the beginning of this tutorial, or from your Personal settings in the files manager.
- Once opened, you will have to choose the version of the software to download.
- As the software is installed, you will be required for the server address. Please provide the following:
- In the next step, you will be asked for your personal information (username and password). To retrieve this data, you can click on the link you find in the application, or you can simply go to Files manager > Personal settings > Security
- Provide a name (you can choose whatever you want) and click onCreate a new app password
- Now take the username/password that will appear, and proceed with the login.
|© OpenStudio - All right reserved|
Last updated: 18th February 2018
Return to “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest